Tuesday, September 23, 2025

Happy Birthday!



My mom turned 91 yesterday.  Super old, I know.

On Sunday, I took her to Seasons 52 for lunch. She has little to no appetite, so their shareable appetizers and sides work well for us. The waiter asked for our drink orders and she said, "I guess I'll have a soda."  I reminded her that she hasn't had soda in years and usually drinks water.  That was our only real "Alzheimer's moment" during the meal. She ate her fair share and said everything tasted good, despite her near total lack of taste.

Yesterday, I bought her a little chocolate bundt cake with chocolate icing because, in case you haven't guessed, she loves chocolate. I didn't bother with candles this year. My son and I sang Happy Birthday to her with the cake in the other room. We each had a slice later.

All-in-all, it was a good couple days, at least from my perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment